The 2018 Pearl S. Buck Living Gateway Conference invites scholarly papers and presentations on any aspect of Pearl S. Buck’s life, career, and legacy. This includes Buck’s influence on literary, cultural, and political affairs. We are particularly interested in papers and presentations that emphasize Buck’s work on women’s rights and social justice, both in the U.S. and globally, as well as papers that reflect or address the global nature of Buck’s impact and influence.
Deadline for receipt of proposals – June 1, 2018
- Proposals from international conference participants requiring expedited review for travel purposes should clearly indicate such in the proposal
- Proposals should not exceed 500 words/two
pages in length.
- Presentations will be organized by format
and duration. In your proposal submission, please indicate your
preferences for format (paper, poster, panel discussion, performance, or
other) and duration (20 minutes or 60 minutes).
- Notification about proposal acceptance
will be made by e-mail on or before July 1, 2018.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
This conference is being organized by West Virginia Wesleyan College in partnership with the Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Foundation, West Virginia University, and Davis and Elkins College.